You wake up in the morning with an excellent mobile app idea.
You explained it to your teammates and colleagues and received accolades. So what’s next?
Once you strike a brilliant idea, it’s time to implement it. But, very few mobile apps become successful. Do you call it luck?
Well, more than luck it’s more about uniqueness. To stand apart from competitors, you must stand away from ‘me too’ basic app development. And this is one of the reasons why apps fail.
Let’s discuss a few more reasons of apps fail and learn how to solve the problem
Why Mobile Applications Fail? How to solve the problem?
Do you know at least 80% of applications fail?
The App development market is growing significantly, innovating new designs and including features at the next best level. A few companies are able to generate tons of revenue and have successfully created a strong foot in the market through Enterprise Mobile App Development.
However, owing to fierce competition companies struggle to thrive in their apps in the market.
Let’s see what else are the causes of mobile app failures.
1. There is no product-market fit
When an application fails to solve the real-life problems of users, it cannot thrive for longer in the market. Your app idea must be developed with a problem-solving approach and not a ‘me too’ market fit.
Strong and extensive market research can amp up your game and help you win your target audiences. Prepare a team of research and study the potential and augmented needs of your targeted demographics.
2. Ranks low on User Discoverability
According to App Annie, 37% of users found an application from the recommendation of a friend or family or colleague. This shows that, if you rank low on user discoverability, your app is bound to fail despite being an eye-opening app idea.
Focus on your marketing strategy. Widespread your app on different platforms through ads and campaigns. Emphasize app store optimization to deliver a unique user experience.
3. Integrating Too Many or Too Less Features:
Integrating too many or too less features can irritate your users and may increase the complexity of your application. This can affect your ranking on search engines.
Prioritize the must-have features of your application during requirement analysis. Segment the latest features and potential features into a category of ‘can-have’, ‘won’t have’, or ‘should-have’.
4. Slower Updates
In the world of cut-throat competition, by not pacing up with the trends, you are losing your users. Your application must have all the trending functions and should be updated timely to deliver better value over time. If you fail to update your app, users may uninstall it.
Introduce DevOps in the mobile app development process to automate your CI & CD pipeline.
Mobile Application Development Approach
Developing mobile app is not just limited to presenting a brilliant app idea. It’s more about choosing the Best Mobile App Development Platform.
Hire our best-in-class developer and seek assistance in selecting the right mobile app development approach. Let’s discuss some of the common approaches to developing mobile apps for your understanding -:
1. Native App
A native application is a platform-specific approach used mostly for operating systems. So, businesses that want to develop mobile applications differently for both Android and iOS use this approach. However, you will have to code differently for both platforms.
Building native applications ensures you better performance, tight security, Quality UX, and a good user experience.
2. Cross-Platform App
You can develop the cross-platform app from a single codebase and run it on multiple platforms. You can target different operating systems with one project.
Building cross-platform apps is cost-effective and ensures rapid development and is easy to maintain. Hire Info Stans now for Developing Mobile App for your vertical.
Examples: Instagram, Facebook, and Walmart
3. Hybrid App
As the name suggests, a hybrid application is the blend of both a web application and a native mobile application. Hybrid apps can be downloaded and installed on multiple mobile platforms like Android and iOS. This means that such apps are built with one codebase.
So no matter what operating system you have on your phone. You can download the same app from its respective app store. And, you won’t find any changes in the design and functionality of the app.
Building cross-platform is light weighted and takes lesser time to load the high-definition graphics.
Example: Evernote and Uber
4. Progressive Web App
The progressive web application is a web app built using web platform technologies. This means that users don’t need to install a specific application for the same.
Progressive Web App uses less data, works offline, and offers built-in security features.
Example: Twitter Lite
The Complete Guide to Developing Mobile App
According to Statista, there are approximately 3.48 million apps on Google Play Store and 2.22 million apps on Apple Store. These numbers are growing rampantly in the app store.
Well, developing a mobile application is quite a thoughtful process. The more unique and user-friendly the idea is, the better the chances of thriving in the market.
Looking for a professional guide for developing mobile apps? Check below -:
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Develop a Thoughtful and Deliberative App -:
1. Requirements Analysis
Understand the mobile app idea and research around it by asking questions like -:
- Who is the targeted demographics?
- Which is the targeted geographic location?
- What is the problem the app is trying to solve?
- Which functional requirements does this app fulfill?
These questions will help you in brainstorming sessions and further in the app designing process.
2. Finalize the Mobile App Development Tech Stack
After gathering requirements, finalize your tech stack based on your critical factors -:
- Mobile App Development Approach — Decide which mobile app development approach you would choose – Native, Hybrid, Progressive web app, or any.
- Mobile App Development Framework — What framework will want to develop the mobile app?
3. Create Mobile App Prototype and Wireframe
Now once you finalize your tech stack, start creating wireframes and prototypes. At Info Stans, our UI UX designer works closely as it further helps in attracting seed funding.
Some of the best-known mobile app development software for creating wireframes and prototypes are -:
- It offers integration with different tools
- Provide support for cross-platform app development
- Easy to upload files from 3rd software products
- Resize and edit images
- Let you convert sketches into prototypes for application
c) Adobe XP
- Helps you with Coediting through collaborative design
- You can switch from prototype to design easily
- Easy to put comments for co-editing and ensures easy shareability
- Create prototypes just with a few clicks
- Easy to add vector graphics and make edits
- Easy to share prototypes for client review
- Offers an intuitive and cleaner interface
4. Build a Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
Building MVP is the most important step in mobile app development. It is the launchable version of an app introduced with basic features. Further, based on the feedback of test users, necessary modifications will be made. It also validates whether the app solves the problems of users and whether is it a market fit or not.
- Prioritize MVP features based on should-haves, must-haves, can-haves
- Build the MVP while segregating different user stories across sprints
5. Mobile App Testing
After building and testing the MVP, your mobile app will be tested on different fundamentals -:
- Functional Testing: Validates the functionality of the app
- Memory Testing: Check how much memory the mobile application occupies
- Installation Testing: Tests how much your app takes to download a particular application from the app store
- Performance Testing: Check whether your app is affected by any error or bugs and ensure that it performs in the best and worst case scenarios.
Some of the best mobile app testing tools are
- Run tests locally and share detailed reports
- Easy to compare and evaluate app performance
- Provides easy integration with Selenium
- It is easy to use and has a minimal learning curev
- Ensures a user-friendly interface
C) Ranorex Studio
- Suitable for both beginners and professionals
- You can easily add test steps
- Can easily organize scripts in respective folders
6. Launching Mobile App on App Store Optimization
Now, that you have developed and successfully tested your app, it’s time to market it. Prepare a solid user-centric marketing plan to accelerate downloads.
Importantly, you need to work on the app store optimization as it improves your app visibility and improves download rates.
So, how to strategize app store optimization -:
- Conduct user-oriented keyword research
- Use relevant and intent-driven keywords
- Choose an app name that resonates with the business model
- Write SEO friendly app description
- Prepare a unique logo for your brand
- Add relevant “how-to” videos & practical screenshots under the app description
- Ask for ratings and testimonials to attract potential users
7. Maintain and Update mobile app Frequently
Your work doesn’t end here!
Your application will require support and maintenance services with updates like –
- introducing patches
- integrating unique features as per the latest trend
- identifying and fixing errors and bugs
The demand for mobile application development is growing significantly. Companies from different industry verticals are leveraging and creating mobile apps to strengthen their targeted demographics.
There are various reasons for app failure, however, by mastering the art of understanding user preferences, you can win the app development market too.
It’s all about focusing on the problem and presenting the best-in-class solutions to the user through Best App Ideas. Rest, from development to design, our team of experts is in place to serve you.
Are you considering developing mobile apps from a professional mobile app development company? Hire Info Stans now!
Info Stans is a trusted Web and Mobile Application Development Company!
Book us now to get started on your dream app!
P.S. Spilling secrets on How To Make Money From Apps. Stay Tuned…